Nylon Seed Bead String for Beading Patterns, DIY Figurine and Charm Crafting, Non-Stretch; by Mandala Crafts
Have you wondered what string the professionals use to create solid seed bead patterns or figurines? Did you try to bead with crystal string and have a hard time preventing the string from stretching? This nylon non-stretch string could be the answer. The transparent string is sturdy with great tensile strength. It can maintain the bead patterns without the embarrassing space between each bead you get with elastic string. The clear monofilament transparent texture negates the need to match colors and leaves no obvious trace of threading. With the naked eye, it is almost impossible to see this thread on a light-colored background
The string is handy to have for DIY beading projects such as creating small figurines, beaded boxes, ornaments, or purses. The nylon string works extremely well with seed beads such as size 11/0 or 15/0. Different from crystal string, which is elastic and weak, this thread can carry some serious weight and is able to hold heavy beads made from glass, resin, stone, metal, or pearls. The string is compatible with crimp beads, ferrules, and other jewelry making or stringing accessories. Adding a dab of glue will also tremendously increase the security of the knots.
Premium Beading Cord
- Made from nylon material
- Continuous length and consistent thickness
- Easy to find string end
- Compatible with crimp beads and ferrules to secure the ends or knot
- Easy to work with
- Monofilament beading string
Versatile Beading Applications
- Native American, other ethnic styles, and kandi beading patterns
- Beaded boxes
- Charms and ornaments
- Key chain pendants
- Jewelry making
- Purses and wallets
- Beaded figurines and statues
- Non stretch
- Great tensile strength, up to 70 pounds
1. Will the string fit my seed beads?
The compatibility of the string depends on the inner hole of the seed beads. The inner hole size of the seed beads must be larger than the string thickness. For commonly used seed beads, please look for seed bead hole size and find out the inner hole size if you do not have size information with your seed beads.
2. Will the string stretch?
Not at all. The nylon material remove all the elasticity.
3. How to secure the knot?
For beading pattern and figurine creations, you rarely need to knot the string. Nylon string can be slippery and tying a knot can be tricky. Please make sure the knot is tied really tightly. For extra security, a dab of glue on the knot will ensure it does not work loose.
4. What is the tensile strength
The string is made from nylon instead of cheaper polyester material. The string has outstanding tensile strength, which is around 30 pounds.
- Seed bead string made from nylon; Non-stretch and outstanding tensile strength; Sturdy, stiff, and durable; Water-resistant; Fraying free;
- Great for creating kandi beading patterns, figurines, statues, ornaments, keychains, charms, or even beaded boxes with seed, glass, metal, gemstone, or pearl beads;
- Monofilament beading string; Continuous length and consistent thickness;
- Easy to work with; Easy to find thread ends; Compatible with crimp beads and ferrules to secure the ends or you can also knot the end;