Mandala Crafts Thin Copper Wire for Jewelry Making, Sculpting, Weaving, Hobby, Gem Metal Wrap; Soft and Bendable; 1 Spool (28 Gauge 50M, Green)
This spool of copper wire has a beautiful shiny sheen. The glossy metallic finish on the surface resists tarnishing, peeling, or chipping during coiling, twisting, or spiral making. It is extremely easy to work with by hand or with tools such as straightening pliers and very easy to cut with pliers, scissors, or flush cutters.
The copper color wire is bare copper and patinas nicely. It can even be used for physics demos or electronic projects. The colored wires are tarnish free, even when heated. The bright and vibrant color will not blemish or discolor.
As a general purpose or hobby wire for artistic projects, this wire is useful for a multitude of DIY projects. For jewelers, this wire is great for beading or making jewelry and components such as jump rings, ear wires, ear cuffs, twisted pendants, eye clasps, bails, French earring hooks and hoops, bracelets, and link-chains. For stone, crystal, or gemstone wrapping, this might be the best wire to get a detailed look and pattern. It is also a good alternative metal to real silver, for beginners to tackle.
For crafters, this durable and lightweight wire can be easily hammered, bent, or wrapped, while keeping its luster and form. The moldable wire is easy to manipulate but stiff enough to hold its shape. It can be used to make or decorate wreaths, hangers, picture frames, 3D sculptures, napkin rings, letters, mesh, ornaments, and stained glass.
Solid Copper Wire
- Made from pure copper metal
- Half hard to dead soft wire
- Easy to bend, shape, or cut
- Rust and tarnish resistant
- Colors will not flake off with coated tools
Jewelry Making Wire
Inch MM and Gauge Conversion
The higher the gauge number, the thinner and softer the wire. Colors might vary from different dye lots.
- 0.0126" / 0.32mm / 28 Gauge
- 0.0159" / 0.404mm / 26 Gauge
- 0.02" / 0.51mm / 24 Gauge
- 0.025" / 0.64mm / 22 Gauge
- 0.032" / 0.8mm / 20 Gauge
- 0.04" / 1mm / 18 Gauge
- Pliable, malleable, and flexible craft wire made from solid pure copper; Easy to bend, twist, wrap, shape, or cut; Kink-free; Bare copper color roll is uncoated, and is also fit for industrial uses; Other colored options are plated; Thin wires with 24 AWG or higher are dead soft and thicker wire with 22 AWG or lower are half hard, and are also suited to use as armature wire for small sculptures;
- Sculpturing, wire weaving, decorating, crafting, beading, jewelry making, floral arranging, gardening, wire shaping for amateur education, or wrapping;
- Great for making sculptures, necklaces, gem wrap pendants, bracelets, earrings, ornaments, mesh, jump rings, chain mail, toys, coils, spirals, and DIY artistic projects;
- Weather-resistant and corrosion free; Rust and tarnish resistant; Made for indoor and outdoor use; Shiny and vibrant colors; Continuous length and consistent color; Colors are not easy to flake off when bent or smashed with coated tools;