Unisex Yoga Meditation 108 Tibetan Bodhi Brass Prayer Beads Daemonorops Seeds Mala Wrap Bracelet Necklace
This mala with a glossy smooth finish is made from 108 star and moon Bodhi beads, one guru bead, and three brass metal spacers, which are distinguished by touch during meditation. Star and moon Bodhi beads are dye brown Daemonorops seeds from South China, Indonesia, and India. They are called Bodhi beads in Tibetan Buddhism. Bodhi beads represent the period when Buddha reached enlightenment under a Bodhi tree. The small holes on the beads are called moons and the tiny black spots covering the surface are called stars. This versatile mala is not only a unique jewelry piece but also a great tool for different applications such as Padmasambhava mantra chanting, yoga, or meditation. It is a great conversation piece because of its uniqueness and nonconformity. It helps you immensely in your time of stress to be peaceful, mindful, compassionate, and considerate.
Prayer beads are also called mala, japa beads, juzu beads, or worry beads. In Catholicysm, they are called rosary beads. Malas are commonly used by Tibetan, Hindu, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese Buddhist monks, Zen priests, or believers. They normally have 108 beads plus the guru bead. The number, 108, is considered a sacred number in Hinduism, meditation, and yoga. In Tibetan Buddhism, it represents the 108 volumes containing the words of the Buddha. Tibetan malas sometimes have 111 beads.
The inside of the solid and wood-like Bodhi beads has black spots on white natural seed resin. If you search for Seeds Used for Bodhi beads in China and there is an article on the National Library of Medicine with the exact same Bodhi beads. It is in the picture in Figure C.
About Mandala Crafts
Mandala Crafts is located in Austin, TX. We are one of the earliest suppliers of Tibetan items in the states since 2001. All of our products carry a 30-day no questions asked warranty.
- NATURAL GENUINE STAR AND MOON BODHI BEADS –Daemonorops seeds; Peaceful and powerful; Sturdy, Will not crack;
- 108 PRAYER BEADS MALA – 108 beads plus three brass spacer beads, and one Guru bead; Great for mantra chanting, meditation, or yoga practices;
- UNISEX PRAYER BEADS MALA with neutral design – For men or women at any age;
- ELASTIC MALA with a metal charm- Heavy-duty elastic string; Easily removable metal charm;
- VERSATILE - 28 inch long, 7mm beads; Can be used as a necklace, wrap bracelet, or anklet;